We recommend staying at Cardwell in the beautiful Cassowary Coast Region. Cardwell is the only town on the Bruce Highway between Townsville and Cairns that is located right on the coast.
Cardwell has spectacular views of Hinchinbrook Island and is easily accessed by train or bus. Queensland Rail and Greyhound and Premier buses run services daily. The town has a supermarket, a great selection of accommodation, cafes, pubs, museums, art gallery, specialty shops and many other local attractions.
The Cassowary Coast is home to some great walks and hiking trails including the world renowned Thorsborne Trail which is considered one of the top 10 multi day hikes in Australia! From short walks to all day adventures the Cassowary Coast is a hikers paradise with great bush walking adventures and multi-day hikes to choose from! Within a stone’s throw of Cardwell, visitors can discover unique wildlife, waterfalls, fresh water swimming holes, wilderness walking trails and mountain views.
If you don’t have your own transport we can transfer you to and from your accommodation for your hike or day trip.
Contact Brad on 0499 335 383
If you are considering hiking the famous Thorsborne Trail just go to book hiking transfer and we’ll look after the rest.
- Butterfly Valley
- Cardwell Beachcomber Motel and Tourist Park – Pet friendly, bar, restaurant, pool
- Cardwell BeachFront Motel – Accommodation in Cardwell
- Cardwell @ the Beach Lyndoch Motor Inn – Cardwell, pool, restaurant, bar
- Cardwell Van Park – Family Parks
- Kookaburra Holiday Park – Cardwell cabins & backpacker accommodation, pool, pets
- Marine Hotel-Motel – Public bar and restaurant, Motel Accommodation.
- Meunga Creek Caravan Park – Pet friendly, budget, just north of Cardwell.
- Vista Hinchinbrook – Bed and Breakfast
Hinchinbrook Island Cruises has permits to operate BOTH ENDS of the Thorsborne Trail.
Meet at the Public Boat Ramp at Hinchinbrook Harbour – the entrance to Hinchinbrook Harbour is just south of Cardwell.