We recommend staying in beautiful Cardwell, the only town on the Bruce Highway between Townsville and Cairns located right on the coast.
Cardwell has spectacular views of Hinchinbrook Island and can also be accessed by train or bus services Greyhound OR Premier buses. The town has a supermarket, a great selection of accommodation, cafes, pubs, museums, art gallery, speciality shops and many other local attractions.
If you don’t have your own transport we can transfer you to and from your accommodation for your hike or day trip.
Contact Brad on 0499 335 383
If you are considering hiking the famous Thorsborne Trail, just go to Thorsborne Trail and we’ll look after the rest.
- Cardwell Beachcomber Motel & Tourist Park – Pet friendly, bar, restaurant, pool
- Cardwell Beachfront Motel – Accommodation in Cardwell
- Cardwell Van Park – Family Parks
- Kookaburra Holiday Park – Cardwell cabins & backpacker accommodation, pool, pets
- Lyndoch Motor Inn – Cardwell, pool, restaurant, bar
- Marine Hotel-Motel – Public bar and restaurant, Motel Accommodation.
- Meunga Creek Caravan Park – Pet friendly, budget, just north of Cardwell.
Hinchinbrook Island Cruises has permits to operate BOTH ENDS of the Thorsborne Trail.
Meet at the Public Boat Ramp at Hinchinbrook Harbour – the entrance to Hinchinbrook Harbour is just south of Cardwell.