To check the availability of a camping permit for your Thorsborne Trial hike, you can follow these easy steps:
- Click here to open the Queensland National Parks Camping Permit page (shown on the right).
- Go straight to the second row and select “Hinchinbrook NP, Thorsborne Trail” from the ENTER PARK NAME section. Please note that this is different to “Hinchinbrook Island National Park” which is also on the list.
- In the next box, select the date you would like to commence your hike.
- A new section will open underneath. Click on CHECK AVAILABILITY.
- On the calendar that appears, select your preferred dates.
- Click BOOK SITE and you will proceed to the BOOKING screen from there.
Please note: To book a camping your camp booking, you will need to create a free account with You will need to create a free account with QLD National Parks. This can be done by clicking CREATE ACCOUNT in the main menu of the QLD National Parks site.